Derek helps people take complex financial situations and turn them into clear, practical steps to success. He helps clients build a strong financial foundation and prioritizes their goals so they can focus on the most important objectives first. By taking a step-by-step approach, he ensures nothing falls through the cracks and his clients feel confident—rather than overwhelmed—about their financial future.
Many of the people Derek works with are accomplished individuals, including professionals and business owners who have worked hard to create significant assets. He gets to know them personally, helps them see the bigger picture behind their wealth, and shows them a clear path toward their goals. His clients count on him to be their financial guide, and he’s the first person they call when they have questions or need advice. He’s there to help them identify their blind spots and he makes sure they have the right resources so they can secure the financial future they have worked hard for.
Words I Live By
“A goal without a plan is just a wish” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
You Should Know…
- I grew up working in my family’s restaurants and catering company. It sparked my interest in cooking and gave me an appreciation for hard work and seeing what it takes to run your own business.
- I met my wife the first day at The Ohio State University. We both graduated from the business college and now work together in her family’s business. We are both avid Buckeye fans!
My Literary Love
- I am typically known to spend time reading books about business ownership, how to efficiently run and grow a business, and goal setting. Although I enjoy learning, I also enjoy the fictional stories too.
- The two business books I most often recommend are The E-Myth by Micharl Gerber & Traction by Gino Wickman.
- I love the Harry Potter series and look forward to reading them to my kids when they’re older.
The Best Getaway
- I grew up spending summers at Coldwater Lake in Michigan and now enjoy being able to take my kids to Indian Lake during the summer months.
- My wife and I enjoy traveling and have enjoyed Captiva Island, Denver, Jamaica, and Grenada.
My One Seven Reason
- I became a financial advisor to be able to help others and give them confidence in their financial decisions. Partnering with One-Seven helps us enhance that client experience and provide better advice to our clients.
- I expect a very high level of work and they me